Join us for what promises to be an enjoyable and exciting learning experience on the Overberg coastline. This picturesque little fishing village is one of South Africa's best kept secrets and without a doubt one of it's most photogenic coastal areas. You can expect white sandstone cliffs, perfect rockshelves, sea-caves and ship wrecks, all to be found amongst water so turquoise it might convince you that you're in the Seychelles. Combine this with the Cape's autumn weather and you're in seascape photography paradise.
This workshop will only accept 4 participants, to keep the experience relaxing and intimate and to allow each participant plenty of one-on-one attention from the guide. This also makes the workshop material and schedule very flexible and thus we are happy to accept anyone from absolute beginners to absolute masters. Our syllabus on seascape photography is highly adaptable and we mould it to suit each participant at a level that they are comfortable with. This workshop will cover all or parts of the following, according to the participants' needs
- Understanding Exposure - We shoot only in manual mode during the workshop
- Applying Shutterspeed Creatively to the Ocean - Getting the perfect amount of blur in the waves
- Composition - How to nail those iconic shots and how to find your own
- Graduated ND Filter Systems - How and when to use it to improve your seascapes
- Long Exposure Photography - How and when to use ND filters
- The Weather - Getting to know the clouds and how to make optimal use thereof
- RAW Editing - Getting the most out of a RAW file
- Advanced Editing - Doing advanced enhancement of your images using Nik Color Efex Pro
We have been leading photographic workshops to Arniston for 7 years now and it remains our absolute favourite destination in South Africa. It consistently produces fantastic photographs for photographers of all levels and delivers an overall amazing experience. It has superbly photogenic scenery, stable autumn weather, a great and affordable hotel and it is safe for anyone to walk about with a camera.
Photographers of any level are welcome on this workshop. If you have any concerns, please get in touch with us at [email protected]
*A graduated ND filter system (preferably Lee Filters) is an absolute must for seascape photography. To make the most of this workshop, we strongly recommend that you aquire a set, even if only a very basic one. Please contact us if for advice on this matter.
*You need to be walking fit for this workshop - we walk 1-2 kilometres each day
This page offers brief and condensed information on this tour. Please download the detailed PDF itinerary by clicking the blue download button to the right of this page.