On the South West coast of Africa lies one of the world’s most desolate, intriguing and photogenic natural areas – The Namibian Desert.
Namibia boasts countless incredible landscapes as well as being one of Africa’s best wildlife destinations. From the Towering red dunes of Sossusvlei
to the granitic spires of the Spitzkoppe mountains, one could believe that these landscapes were created for the sole purpose of being photographed.
Namibia is home to some of the world’s most regal and adapted fauna and flora, like the Oryx Antelope and the Quiver Tree. In the South lies the abandoned site of one of the greatest diamond rushes in human history – the sand filled ghost town of Kolmanskop. At Walvis Bay one can bear witness to one of the largest congregations of amingoes in the world.
If you’re lucky enough, you can charter a plane to the border with Angola and experience one of the most unique and inaccessible corners of our planet – Serra Cafema. This remote corner of our planet is the meeting point between an inhospitable mountain range and an even less hospitable desert. The landscape is divided by the mighty Kunene river and thanks to the life that it’s water brings; the banks of the river are home to the Nomadic Himba tribes of Northern Namibia.
Join us in 2018 for the opportunity to experience and capture this amazing destination from the ground, water and air.
This tour visits Namibia in low season in order to avoid the crowds - This has several benefits, but the compromise we make is putting up with extreme heat (30-42 degrees centigrade), which is not for everyone. If you have any concerns, please feel free to contact us at [email protected]
- Ultimate convenience - All you have to do is pack your bags and book your plane tickets.
- Photographic Paradise - Sixteen days of photography in some of the world’s most unique landscapes.
- Travel in style - Transport in top of the line custom 4x4 Toyota Land Cruisers. Only 5 passengers per vehicle.
- Tutoring by two highly experienced guides with over 400 days of experience photographing in Namibia.
- Aerial Photography - 120 Minutes of doors-off aerial photography over the world’s highest dunes, from a helicopter.
- Low guide to client ratio - max 1:5
- 5 Hours of chartered flight time into one of the world's most remote areas
- Exclusivity - Small group of only 10 participants for maximum creative freedom.
- Visiting in late summer - Good chance of thunderstorms, green grass and rainbows, without the extreme temperatures of high summer.
- 3 Serra Cafema - One of Africa’s best lodges and unique, seldom photographed landscapes.
- Spitzkoppe - only acccessible to tours recently, thanks to a newly built lodge
This page offers brief and condensed information on this tour. Please download the detailed PDF itinerary by clicking the blue download button to the right of this page.